SCCM 1906 released! – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1906
If you want it right now – you can opt-in via the fast ring script – https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2099733
Another belting release from the SCCM team – while some releases have different focuses over time – generally releases have tended to have something which makes day-to-day admin life a bit easier for someone…. and sometimes, big things, such as passive site servers, that just structurally make the product substantially better.
Anyway – out of this release comes a couple of items that i think are particularly of note to me (other may be interested in different parts – depending on your setup):
- Site maintenance UI is friendlier
- Use your distribution point as an in-network cache server for Delivery Optimization
- Support for Windows Virtual Desktop
- OneTrace – a preview of a tool which could be dubbed the next-gen of CMTrace…
- Improvements to co-management auto-enrollment
- Retry the install of pre-approved applications
- Task sequence debugger – not there yet – but great that its being thought about – can see this being exceedingly handy as this matures
- The Disable BitLocker task sequence step has a new restart counter
- Additional options for WSUS maintenance – these are brilliant. Hopefully this release will also fix bug id 4808740 – i haven’t been able to test this as yet.
- New Windows 10, version 1903 and later product category – this enables admins everywhere to further reduce the number of updates stored by WSUS – which leads to improvements with server and client performance
- Role-based access for folders – finally!
- Administration service support for security nodes – this is potentially a big change – keen to test this out in a bigger environment
- Collections tab in devices node – gradually chipping away at right click tools functionality
- Multiselect and delete packages – finally!