So its been a week since i moved to exchange 2010 – and in turn started using exchange’s built-in antiSPAM capability (well, it is in 2007, but i never used it) – primarily because most 3rd party anti-spam add-ons weren’t 2010 ready at RTM (which is fair enough)
Previously, i had always used 3rd party products, such as ORF from vamsoft, which is good – and has a good interface – but some SPAM still got through…. mainly because updating the blacklists etc was a never ending task.
With exchange antiSPAM ive been pleasantly surprised – i’ve enabled it on the edge, done some basic configuration (and yes, the interface for configuration isnt good) – downloaded the block lists via WSUS and voila… a couple of thousand spam messages caught in the quarantine mailbox, no false positives (yet) and one spam message got through (which was caught by outlook locally anyway). All with basic, once off configuration and updates managed by WSUS – cool, substantially less ongoing admin.
Colour me surprisingly impressed.